Friday, March 18, 2005

I was remembering this morning about cereal box prizes. When I was really little, I think when one of the Star Wars movies was coming out (the good ones), there was a promotional thing with som cereal that had a record in it.

A record.

That was so cool. It was a very flimsy, cheap record, probably the size of a 48. It had some Star Wars music on it, some R2D2, that sort of thing. It was incredibly creative, in terms of marketing.

Now days, I've seen cereal boxes that have CD-ROMs in them. I don't see these as very interesting or eye-popping. The technology is so common place. Records, at least for me, were a real prize. They weren't terrible common in our personal children's library. This made them special. Now days kids have there own computers and games already. Something free out of a cereal box or a happy meal isn't going to be that compelling.

Anyway, just a strange memory...

1 comment:

knobboy said...

SCHPATZ!! It's TheKnob. I see you stopped by. Appreciate it.

Though you're just getting going, yours here is looking good. I like it.

This blogging stuff's fun, though there are a lot of 'em out there that seem to take themselves very, very seriously.

If you like to write, no matter what style, this is a nice way to do it.

Me, I tend towards a more journalistic, succinct just-the-facts kinda style, using current articles to build on. Something like that. Then I put in my own stuff here and there to tell kind of a story.

See ya.

PS: How much artificial support are you gonna need to get by when you get older?

As much as you can get! Better living through chemistry, they say.

hahaha

Man, I spent too long in the '70s.